Wills Month returns to St Helena Hospice in June, giving local people the opportunity to make or amend their Will while supporting their local hospice.
Solicitors Birkett Long, John Fowlers Solicitors and Fisher Jones Greenwood are waiving their usual fees to write or amend individual or mirror Wills in return for a suggested donation to St Helena Hospice.
Rachel Joy, St Helena Hospice fundraiser, said: “Having a Will is really important whatever your age or circumstances, yet more than 50% of British people do not have a valid Will. If you haven’t made your Will yet, or need to update it, June is the perfect time to do so.
“We are hugely grateful to Birkett Long, John Fowlers Solicitors and Fisher Jones Greenwood, our participating solicitors. Thanks to them, all the money raised from Wills Month will go towards helping more local people receive the comfort, dignity, and compassion they deserve, right to the end of life.
“1 in 5 patients and families cared for by St Helena Hospice are supported by donations made from gifts in Wills. When the time is right for you to remember a charity in your Will, please remember St Helena Hospice.”
James Bird, Associate Solicitor in the Wills, Life Planning and Probate team at Fisher Jones Greenwood, said: “54% of adults, do not yet have a will in place which means the remaining 46% will have no control over what happens to their hard-earned assets or ensuring their wishes are carried out.
“FJG is pleased to support our local hospice during their Wills Campaign 2022, which is a great opportunity for us to help and ensure peace of mind for you, whilst also supporting such an important cause.”
Find out more about Wills Month or to book your appointment with a participating solicitor, please visit www.sthelena.org.uk/willsmonth2022
Appointments must be booked via the online booking form on the St Helena Hospice website or by calling the fundraising team on 01206 931 468.