Welcome to ESSEX MAG’s digital products and services (together the “Services”).
• your rights and responsibilities
• our responsibilities to you
• how we expect you to interact with our Services and with other users
1) Who delivers the Services to me?
We are ESTV MAG Limited, a company registered in England. You can contact us by post on Essex TV, Kemp House, 152 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
2) What are the Services?
We aim to provide constant and uninterrupted access to the Services, but we do not take responsibility for issues outside our control, such as internet or connection issues. Specifically we do not guarantee:
• the availability of the Services on each and every device or platform all of the time
• that any technical issues that arise can be resolved quickly
• that the Services are error, virus or bug free
3) What do we mean when we refer to “Content” on the Services?
Content can be programmes, video, audio, text, images, either owned by us or licensed to us to use.
4) Whose Content is it?
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the Content belong to us or our licensors. The Content is protected by various intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade mark laws. You may not reproduce or distribute any Content except as provided below.
You may only use the Content for your personal, non-commercial use. However, provided they are credited to ESSEX MAG, you may publish short excerpts or summaries of a published article accompanied by a hyperlink which takes the reader to the whole article on our Services.
Your use of the Content must not (in our sole opinion) bring, or be likely to bring, ESSEX MAG into disrepute, or otherwise cause any loss or damage to ESSEX MAG.
Content on our Services may contain statements and opinions which are not our own, and with which we do not necessarily agree. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of all the Content.
5) Accessing our Services
Here are the ways to access our Services.
1. Visit our web-site at www.essexmagazine.co.uk
2. Subscribe to e-newsletters
3. Enter a competition
If you join our Services, you will be opening an ESSEX MAG account, and you will be asked to enter your email address and a password (“Log-in details”). You should keep your Log-in details confidential. Do not allow anyone else to use them. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Log-in details.
For e-newsletters around our online news service, at a minimum, you need to provide your email address.
You must be 16 or over to join and open an ESSEX MAG account, or to subscribe to any newsletter.
6) What I should know about using the ESSEX MAG Player?
We apply “geo-blocking” measures to prevent access to some Content in cases where rights restrictions apply.
You agree not to circumvent any geo-blocking measures or to access, or attempt to access, such Content if you are located in areas to which we have prevented access.
Programme Suitability and Parental Controls
Some of the Content available on the ESSEX MAG Player video on-demand service may contain material unsuitable for under 18s, or may be of a sensitive nature. We use different systems to identify such material.
• Where it is unsuitable for under 16s, we endeavour to identify it by flagging a symbol “G” (for guidance)
• Where is it unsuitable for under 18s (or of a sensitive nature, generally) we provide guidance notes
We have built parental controls into the ESSEX MAG Player. It’s up to you to set the parental controls if any children have access to your device. Once set, they will prevent the viewing of Content labelled with a “G” symbol from that device unless a 4 figure PIN is entered.
“Catch Up” and archive Content is not live
Catch up and archive Content available on the ESSEX MAG Player is not live. Therefore, please do not respond to any invitation to enter any competition, phone-in, vote, quiz or any other interaction, as the time for the interaction may have come to an end. If you do so, you may still be charged, and your entry/contribution may be too late, and not included, or considered.
Please note that we may amend/remove Content available on our ESSEX MAG Player at any time without notice.
7) How may I use the Services?
You agree to use the Services only for non-commercial, lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of third parties, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Services by any other user.
Specifically, you agree you shall not:
• use the Services for the transmission of any spam or computer viruses.
• anything that brings (or in our opinion is likely to bring) ESSEX MAG into disrepute.
• embed, upload, or make any of the Services or Content available via any third party platform, website or service without ESSEX MAG’s prior consent.
• copy, reproduce or otherwise publish any of ESSEX MAG’s trademarks or logos.
• frame our website on other websites without our express permission.
8) Interference with Content
We may use technical measures for the security and protection of Content. You agree not to interfere with any such technical measures, or unlawfully access, or use, our servers, systems or Content, nor to attempt to do so.
9) Interacting with the Services
You (or those who have given you permission to use it) own any Contribution (including the intellectual property rights therein) that you submit and you may carry on using it.
By submitting a Contribution, you are granting to us (and in this section “us” includes other companies within the ESSEX MAG group of companies) a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use your Contribution on any media, platform or device (including on television) and to use, edit, prepare derivative works from and further distribute it across any media, platform or device throughout the world at any time, and to grant sub-licences. You also authorise ESSEX MAG to include some of your personal details together with your Contribution such as your name and location.
For editorial and compliance reasons, we might need to alter your Contribution and you authorise us to do so on the understanding that ESSEX MAG will not alter it in any way that misrepresents it.
You also confirm that:
• You are the either the owner of your Contribution or that you have all the necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to authorise us to use your Contribution.
• You have obtained the consent of each person who appears in your Contribution to authorise us to use your Contribution. If any person under the age of 16 appears in your Contribution, you also confirm that you have the permission of such person’s parent or guardian.
• Your Contribution will not infringe or contravene any rights of any third parties (e.g. their entitlement to privacy or confidentiality) or contain anything which is defamatory, obscene, offensive or unlawful.
You will not transfer files which contain viruses or other technologically harmful material.
If you submit a Contribution via a method which is available to the public, ESSEX MAG recommends that you do not disclose personal contact information such as your address or phone number.
Please note that ESSEX MAG reserves the right to require you to provide evidence of your age and eligibility.
If you see any Contribution on the Services that you believe is offensive, defamatory or which infringes copyright or privacy, please contact us without delay. In the case of comments, please raise a flag within the comment reporting system.
Whilst not moderating or controlling Contributions posted on our Services, we reserve the right to suspend or delete without notice any material which:
• we believe at our sole discretion to be detrimental to the enjoyment of the Services by any user;
• is the subject of any copyright infringement notice; or
• brings, or is likely to bring, ESSEX MAG into disrepute, or otherwise cause any loss or damage to ESSEX MAG.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Services
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution submitted by you
• Issue of a warning to you
• Commencement of legal proceedings against you
• Disclosure of information to law enforcement authorities
11) Links to third party services
You are solely responsible for evaluating the integrity of the operators of any third party websites accessed through the Services; the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on them; the value and authenticity of any goods or services offered through them, and their data collection and use policies.
In no event shall we be liable for any claims, loss or damage, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Services, including, without limitation, direct or indirect loss, consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or goodwill, or for loss arising from any errors or omissions in the Services, or in the Content.
14) Law and Jurisdiction
Last updated: October 2016