Dedicated staff at Southend University Hospital have been proving themselves to be everyday heroes to patients and their families’ day in and day out.
Joining forces with The Echo, for the fifth consecutive year in a row, Southend Hospital is on a quest to discover its own Hospital Heroes as nominated by you, the public.
Who will you be nominating for the award this year? You can make you nomination on here and the closing date for nominations is 5pm on Friday 4 August 2017.
Nominated individuals or teams can demonstrate any of the following criteria:
· they take the time to care for others
· they are good communicators, caring with compassion and empathy, treating others with dignity and respect
· they respect patients’ time, giving others choice and independence
· they involve patients in their treatment decisions and choices
· they are sensitive to the needs of others
You can make a nomination here: http://www.southend.nhs.uk/about-us/media-centre/hospital-heroes-awards-2017-patients-choice/