Cressing Temple Barns will play host to lots of mini witches and wizards this October as part of their Spooky Fun event.
Running on the 27 and 28 October the event invites young ghosts, ghouls, witches and wizards to come along for a day full of activities to get them in the mood for Halloween.
- Spooky stories told by a member of Leigh Storytelling Circle
- Themed Puppet Shows from The Fool’s Puppet Theatre Companie
- Three themed trails with puzzles to solve, pumpkins to find and clues to untangle Adventurers who complete all three trails can collect a sweet treat as a prize
- Free face painting
- The chance to get creative with a range of Halloween crafts to make and take home
- Team games (Ditchquidge with broomsticks, quiffle and blodgers)
- Fancy Dress Competition each day at 2pm
- The onsite Tiptree Tea Rooms will be open for hot food and drinks, but please expect to queue during peak times
- There will be a small selection of catering outlets on site, although visitors are also welcome to bring a picnic.
Councillor Simon Walsh, Cabinet Member for Environment and Waste said: “Cressing Temple is the perfect setting to host this family event. With Halloween supposedly being the scariest night of the year and celebrated by people all around the world, I’m sure this event will get everyone in the mood for some Spooky Fun.”
Tickets cost £8 per child (up to 14 years). Under 2’s and adults free. All activities, games and events are included in the entrance fee. Book your tickets by calling 0345 603 7624 or go online atwww.visitparks.co.uk/events/spooky-fun Tickets will also be available on the door on the day, although please expect to queue.